🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋 Hi guys so I should be at church today but I worked Thursday – Friday 8:30am to 8:30am straight then I didn’t go home and sleep like I usually do, my bestie wanted a day of excursion with the kids so I actually never got home until Friday at about 5pm… Sooooo that’s a lot of hours being awake and we actually went to a river (castleton gardens) so lots of rocks and climbing and I’m just beat. So my husband and stepdaughter went to church and im jus gonna sleep and rest at home.
But today before I discuss the topic at hand I want to share with you Matthew 6:19-34. Its one of my favourite whenever you get the chance read it. Its an encouraging scripture and I just want to look at verse 33 which says “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” I believe always and forever that if we do seek God, seek to learn of him and dwell in his grace it can only bring true happiness, goodness and hope. That’s my little devotion with you guys today😘😘😘😘😘😘.
OK so I recently learnt about the Maximum Hydration Method and how it works well to give you defined wash and gos. Now forever I have always noticed that once my hair is saturated with water or conditioner my curl pattern is off the chains, but once it dries its like it never existed😖😖😖😖…can anybody testify?🙋🙋🙋🙋🙋. So I know for sure that more moisture = more hydration = defined curls. But I never knew how to achieve that. So I started searching and looking around. Now if you have read my blog about wash and gos you know I literally condemned that process because it just never worked for me at alllllllllllllll. But I did promise I would research and try again. And I believe maybe the maximum hydration method could be the way to go. However I have some serious concerns.
1. Time – the time and work that I would have to put into this method is very discouraging. 7-day challenge looks like a lot of work. And the steps are just too much. So the time is making me very hesitant.
2. Over manipulation- with this method it comes with a lot of steps with a lot of manipulation. So that concerns me a bit. I keep wondering if my hair will probably start breaking because of the manipulation everyday for 7 days.
3. Clarifying agents – baking soda and avc tends to dry my hair which is why I stopped using them. My scalp would becoming very itching and I just couldn’t manage.
Lots of DIY- the amount of stuff you have to make in this process is also stressing me out. A mean do you see my work hours and I live in the hills traveling is a lot to and from work. So doing a lot of DIY everyday for my hair 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I’m crying already.
So those are my four major concerns with this method. But I really want to try it and my will to try is much more than my concerns so this is what I have decided.
1. Time and over manipulation- instead of doing it 7 days straight I will be doing it every three nights. That way I don’t feel burdened and I reduce how much time my hands go in my hair. I’m thinking that 7 days doesn’t necessarily me 7 consecutive days (correct me if I’m wrong). And even if it is remember my motto “rock your fabulosity, rock your unique” so at the end of the day its what works for me.
2. Clarifying- I will be reevaluating how I make up my avc rinse and baking soda. I never experimented on it I just stop using it all together so maybe for my hair type I had in too much avc or baking soda or too much water. So I will be looking through videos and blogs to see how others do it so that I can correct my method.
Lots of DIY- if I do the concoctions in bigger batches I’m thinking it should help some what.
So those are my thoughts. If you have tried this method let me know in the comment section what your experiences were and any thoughts at all I would love to hear them.
Thanks for reading guys…Jesus loves you. 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘
My one year hair growth. I placed this on Instagram @dandilious and I thought I would input this here.